- Mixed Reality apps are very demanding and performance may differ across devices. High resource demands may result in a drop in render frame over time. See: Framerate Optimization for Mixed Reality Apps
- Augmentation position for UserDefinedTargets cannot be accurately determined on optical-see-through eyewear.
- Samsung Galaxy S6 may exhibit undesirable video artifacts when operating at its thermal limit.
- Eyewear: When using Cardboard SDK for Unity version 0.5.1, iOS apps will crash when scanning a viewer QR code.
- Object Recognition does not work well with objects that have very little texture (e.g. a cup, a TV). Please see the developer guide for supported object types.
- Object Recognition: Possible poor detection of low textured targets in database that contains other high textured targets
- Object Recognition: Some low texture objects like toy action figures may not detect well in a cluttered background environment
- Vuforia Object Scanner: Application may run with low FPS after longer scanning sessions.
- Vuforia Target Manager: Upload of a large OD file may take multiple minutes
- Extended Tracking does not work after using SmartTerrain and vice-versa. You need to re-init Vuforia first.
- Extended Tracking: Object Targets are reported as TRACKED instead of EXTENDED_TRACKED
- Nexus 5 with Android L: Camera view is very dark. This is a known issue in the device driver.
- The minimum supported Unity version is 4.6.7
- A crash may occur when changing scenes if the Text Tracker has been started. This is only observed on iOS devices when the IL2CPP scripting backend is used.
Before loading a new scene, stop the TextTracker, then, load the new scene from a Coroutine and call “yield return new WaitForEndOfFrame()” before loading the next scene.
- Vuforia does not support the Metal rendering API on iOS. Be sure that OpenGL 2.0 is selected as the Graphics API when building for iOS in Unity 4.6.3 or later.
- The Vuforia SDK only supports OpenGL ES 2.0.
- Extended Tracking and Smart Terrain are only supported on multi-core devices.
- Extended Tracking and Smart Terrain may fail during very fast motions.
- Extended Tracking may fail in very plain environments (e.g. blank wall)
- Extended Tracking may result in more jitter and a visual snap back on the augmentation when the target re-enters the field of view
- Extended Tracking and Smart Terrain may fail in non-static environments (i.e. large motions or environment changes)
- Extended Tracking can only be used for a single UDT target at a time
- Extended Tracking targets must have mutually consistent sizes/scales if they are used together in the same scene
- Extended Tracking may fail to relocalize when the phone is moved in pure rotational motion around the scene.
- Extended Tracking and Smart Terrain are not supported on front cameras
- Smart Terrain and Extended Tracking cannot be used at the same time. You need to stop SmartTerrain before using Extended Tracking and vice versa.
- Smart Terrain may occasionally reconstruct flat objects (such as a drink coaster) as a 3D object and return it as a Prop
- Smart Terrain may occasionally reconstruct two nearby objects as a single object
- Smart Terrain may fail to reconstruct the ground plane and objects if the initialization target is placed on the border of the primary surface (e.g. table). The initialization target needs to be placed well within the primary surface to avoid this issue.
- Smart Terrain may in some occasions wrongly reconstruct the primary surface such that it appears to extend into the background. This may happen if the primary surface and background are visually not distinguishable (e.g. white table in front of a white wall)
- Smart Terrain may not work well on play surfaces that are non-uniformly textured (E.g. large tiled floor with different colored tiles)
- Smart Terrain cannot be initialized with User Defined Targets
- Text recognition may occasionally mis-detect a word or detect a partial word
- Time to recognize a word depends on number of words and the length of words. Specifically, Text Recognition may take longer than 2 seconds on some single core devices, as well as on some devices when more than 3 words are in the recognition area or for words that are longer than 24 letters.
- Text recognition may fail to track text well if the page of text and the background are not on the same plane.
- Low contrast targets may not be detected well in highly cluttered backgrounds
- Text recognition does not support the front camera.
- Enabling additional words in the Text recognition feature may slightly increase recognition time
- TextRecognition may not work if another Tracker is used before.
- TextRecognition may stop working after scanning a 45 letter word.
- Cloud recognition requires the device time to be accurately set (the tolerance is 5 minutes). If the device time is off, the SDK will return an ‘TIMESTAMP_OUT_OF_RANGE’ error. However due to a limitation in the Android SSL stack if the time is significantly off (more than a year), then the above error is not reported. Instead the error ‘SERVICE_NOT_AVAILABLE’ is reported.
- The Vuforia SDK only support armeabi-v7a devices. Devices with no VFP unit or armv6 are not supported.
- Not all focus modes are supported on all devices
- On rare occasions under very low light conditions, FrameMarkers may detect the same marker twice with different IDs
- Stability issues have been observed when the “face unlock” feature is used while a Vuforia application is running.
- Multiple simultaneous Multi Targets are not supported