The Vuforia SDK sample package includes two sample projects that showcase the Cloud Recognition feature:
- The Books sample
- The Cloud Reco sample
- Native Android and iOS sample packages: CloudReco is a submodule of the VuforiaSamples-4-x-y application
- Unity: Has a dedicated CloudReco sample application
The samples above are configured with access credentials to a cloud project provisioned by the Vuforia team. This configuration ensures that the sample application will work out-of-the-box.
To use your own database with the Cloud Recognition feature using the Cloud Reco or the Books sample app, follow these steps:
- Signup for the Cloud Recognition service inside the Target Manager and create a Cloud Database.
- Create one or more Image Targets in your Cloud Database by uploading the following (for each target):
- An image of your choice. The format should be JPEG or PNG, the size not larger than 2 MB, and the color in RGB 24 format, with no alpha channel.
- Optionally, a metadata file containing some custom text data. This file should be a simple text file that you create beforehand, for instance my_metadata.txt.
- Download the client access or secret keys of your Cloud Database, and do the following:
- In the Unity samples (Books or CloudReco): Paste the keys into the Access Key and Secret Key fields in the inspector panel of the Cloud Recognition object in your scene.
- In the Android VuforiaSamples: Replace the kAccesskey and kSecretKey values with your own key values in CloudReco.java.
- In the Android Books sample: Replace the kAccesskey and kSecretKey values with your own key values in Books.java.
- In the iOS VuforiaSamples: Replace the kAccesskey and kSecretKey values with your own key values in CloudRecoViewController.mm.
- In the iOS Books sample: Replace the kAccesskey and kSecretKey values with your own key values in BooksViewController.mm.
- Build and run the sample.