The Vuforia Web Services (VWS) API is a RESTful web API that enables developers to use their own Content Management System (CMS) with Vuforia’s Cloud Recognition service and VuMark Generation API. Developers can implement the VWS API in their CMS to query Cloud Databases, upload Image Targets to a Cloud Recognition Database, add application metadata, and monitor the status of their databases and targets. They can also use VWS to retrieve printable instances of VuMarks.
The VWS API can be used for developing content management solutions that communicate with the Vuforia Cloud Recognition service.
Working with the VWS API
VWS is a RESTful API executed via HTTP. VWS API calls can be implemented in any language and context capable of making a valid HTTP request to a remote host. See: How To Use the Vuforia Web Services API
Follow these steps to get started using the VWS APIs.
- Log in to the Target Manager using your Vuforia Engine developer account and sign up for Cloud Recognition service.
- Create a cloud database using the Target Manager.
- Download the server access keys from the Access Keys tab for your Cloud Database in the Target Manager.
Each database has two keys – the server access key and the client access key.
- The server access key is used by VWS to query, upload, and manage images in the database. The server access key has both read and write permissions on the database.
- The client access key allows an app to query the database for image recognition services. The client access key has read-only access on the database. The client access key is embedded in the application and passed to the Vuforia Engine during initialization of the Vuforia::TargetFinder.
All APIs are blocking calls – that is, they return only when all of the processing is finished, so it is important to design your app UI to expect some delay on the more complex calls.
All API calls use HTTPS with TLS 1.0, or greater, with mutual server authentication. In addition, a special header field is calculated to ensure that only authorized access is allowed on each database.