This guide walks you through the process of placing AR content onto physical objects using Model Targets. For an optimal tracking experience, we recommend using Model Targets in conjunction with the Positional Device Tracker.
Creating your first Model Target Experience
- Create a new Unity project.
- Add the Vuforia Engine package to your Unity project as explained in this article
- Remove the default Main Camera from the scene. Replace the default Main Camera with an ARCamera by going to the GameObject menu -> Vuforia Engine -> AR Camera.
- Obtain a License Key for your project. Please refer to the Vuforia License Manager guide on how to obtain a Vuforia Engine license key.
NOTE: A license key is not necessary when using the Vuforia Sample package with the NASA Viking Lander model. See this article on how to obtain the NASA Viking Lander model and its 3D printing instructions.
- Open the Vuforia Configuration window (Window menu -> Vuforia Configuration and expand the Global section if it is not already expanded. Paste your license key in the App License Key text field.
NOTE: The Device Tracker is now enabled by default in new Vuforia enabled Unity projects. Using Model Targets and Ground Planes without Device Tracker will present an error.