Beginning with Unity 2017.2, Vuforia Engine 6.5 is built into the Unity Editor. Developers no longer need to import a Unity Package to use Vuforia Engine in Unity 2017.2. Developers looking to migrate their 6.2 Vuforia Engine applications to 6.5 or developers looking to use Unity 2017.2 or Later, need to migrate their projects. Due of the extent of changes introduced in 6.5 / Unity 2017.2, the migration requires manual intervention. This document outlines the manual migration process.
- Prefabs have been replaced with Vuforia GameObjects
- AbstractBehaviour Components have been replaced with non-abstract components
- Backup your Unity Project
- Install Unity 2017.2 and make sure that the “Vuforia Augmented Reality Support” is checked during the installation
- Do not uninstall the previous version of Unity until migration is completed