- Cloud Recognition Service
- How to Determine Cloud Usage
- Cloud Recognition Error Codes
- How to Use Cloud Recognition Metadata
The Vuforia Cloud Recognition service is an enterprise class Image Recognition solution that enables developers to host and manage Image Targets online. Cloud Recognition is available with the Development, Cloud, Pro, and Enterprise licenses. Usage is determined by the total number of image recognitions, or “recos”, per month that your app performs, and is counted when a target is matched.
The result of a Image Recognition query is determined by the API used to execute the query.
|TargetFinder API (SDK)||Image Target Trackable|
|Cloud Recognition Web API||List of Target IDs|
Note: The query result returned to the Cloud Recognition Web API is a list of matching targets by ID, ranked by recognition confidence. This API does not receive a trackable target result.
The Vuforia Cloud Recognition service is ideally suited for apps that use many targets, or targets that need to be updated frequently. Customers using the service can leverage the following benefits:
- Scale: More than one million targets can be used in an app.
- Flexibility: Integrate with existing content management systems.
- Time to Market: Deliver real-time, dynamically changing content and accelerate time to market.
- Publications – Catalogs, magazines, newspapers
- Retailers – Product visualization, in-store traffic generation, etc.
- Advertisers – Multi-branded content, coupons, promotions, etc.
- Product Recognition – Wine labels/bottles, cereal boxes, etc.
Working with Cloud Recognition
Cloud Recognition apps utilize the same APIs for handling Image Targets that apps using Device Databases do. The significant difference between Cloud and Device Database apps is that Cloud Recognition apps utilize the TargetFinder class which manages the execution of queries and handling of query results.
How many cloud targets can I host with a Cloud Plan?
Cloud licenses support up to 10,000 recos per month on up to 100,000 images.
Pro licenses support more than 10,000 recos per month on more than 100,000 images.
How many VWS API calls do I receive with my Cloud or Pro plan?
100,000 VWS API calls per day are allowed.
If you expect to exceed this allowance, or if you receive an error message indicating that you have exceeded the allowed number of calls, please contact us.
Can my app use multiple cloud databases?
No. You may only associate one cloud database per app.