Vuforia Ground Plane as part of Smart Terrain enables digital content to be placed on horizontal surfaces in your environment, such as floors and tabletops. It supports the detection and tracking of horizontal surfaces, and also enables you to place content in mid-air using Anchor Points.
Ground Plane provides an ideal solution for developers to create AR experiences ranging from in-home furniture shopping apps to games and design visualizations.
- Detection and tracking of horizontal surfaces
- Anchor creation and tracking
- Scale Approximation
- 6 Degree of Freedom (6 DoF) Positional Tracking
- Surface hit-testing to precisely place content on surfaces
- Integration of all other Vuforia Trackers and Trackable types
Supported Devices and Core Enablers
Ground Plane leverages Vuforia Fusion to utilize the best core technologies available on each device, and supports both native and Unity app development for Android, iOS, and UWP. Ground Plane is only compatible with devices supported by Platform Enablers (ARKit/ARCore) or devices that have been specifically calibrated by Vuforia. See Ground Plane Supported Devices for a list of officially supported devices.