Vuforia provides support for creating Augmented Reality applications for the Vuzix M400 eyewear devices.
In order to create applications for the Vuzix M400 using Unity, the following is required:
- Android Build Support for Unity
- The Vuforia Engine AR package for Unity
Creating your First Vuzix M400 Application
- Open Unity and create a new project.
- Add the latest Vuforia Engine AR package to your Unity project following these instructions.
- Be sure to switch to the “Android” platform in the Build Settings Window.
- Replace the default “Main Camera” with an ARCamera. In the GameObject Menu select: Vuforia> AR Camera to create a new AR Camera object in the scene. Remove the default “Main Camera” from the scene.
- Add an Image Target to your Scene from the GameObject menu Vuforia> Image. By default, the Image Target will load with the predefined Mars Images Database. To create your own Image Targets, read more on creating your own database.
- Add your own 3D content as a child of the Image Target in the hierarchy. Content placed on Vuforia Targets will automatically appear relative to real-world objects when running in Play Mode or on Device.
- Optionally, test your application using Unity Play Mode and a webcam.
- To deploy to the M400, continue onto the next set of instructions.
Note: While Image Targets and most other Vuforia Target types are supported, using the Device Tracker is not supported on the Vuzix M400 devices. By extension, this means that also the Ground Plane and Area Target features are not supported since they both required the Device Tracker to work.
Deploy your Application to the Vuzix M400
- Under “Player Settings” window, in the “Other Settings” pane (Edit Menu, Settings > Player) select ARM64 for best performance:
- In the QualitySettings panel (Edit Menu, Project Settings>Quality) set the Default Android Quality Level to “Very Low”.
- Using the Unity “Build Settings” window, select “Build and Run” to build and deploy your Vuzix experience onto the M400 (File Menu, Build Settings…).
- Consider uploading your APK to the Official Vuzix App Store.